Thrill seekers rejoice, the biggest waterslide in Western Canada is now open at Massive Splash Water Park in Tsawwassen.
Daredevils who experience the Boomerango plunge six storeys in a two-person tube earlier than being shot up a vertical wall and “boomeranging” again down at epic speeds.
The Boomerango wasn’t open on a current weekend once I visited with some household, together with eight-year outdated Carter who I introduced on as my official water slide reviewer of Massive Splash. And that’s most likely simply as properly, as a result of this grandma was fairly comfortable to not see her grandson plummet six storeys.
However Carter rode the entire different 13 slides, together with the Kamikaze, Cliff Hanger, Splash Blaster, Twist and Shout and the Photo voltaic Splash — often known as the “black gap.” The Youngsters Zone, ideally suited for youthful kids, consists of a number of small slides/ramps, the Splash Pad and the primary pool the place adults and children of all ages may cool off.
As a result of my Victoria-based son was joined by a small military made up of his pals and their children, we took benefit of one of many cabanas obtainable to hire and used it as a shady spot to maintain the infant out of the solar, to reapply sunscreen to anybody we may catch working by and for consuming lunch and snacks.
Right here’s what it’s good to know earlier than you go:
- There is no such thing as a outdoors meals or drink allowed, however there are many choices for consuming, together with BV’s Sports activities Bar, which serves wine, beer and frozen cocktails in addition to pub-style meals together with burgers, fish and chips and pizza. We shared two pizzas at our cabana with the gang and everybody agreed they have been nice — apart from that one child who doesn’t eat greens. You too can feed children from the Massive Splash Grill and Sweet Café. Don’t let the title idiot you, moreover ice cream the Sweet Café additionally sells salads and fruit and veggie plates.
- Cabanas can be found to hire beginning at $75, and patio and picnic tables with an umbrella value $15 for the day — you may reserve cabanas and tables forward of time so that you gained’t be dissatisfied. Lockers with keys can be found for $5 with a $10 deposit. Our cabana got here with a big umbrella, two lounge chairs, two patio-style chairs and a desk, 4 towels, 4 bottles of water and fruit, so if you happen to’re with a bunch it’s properly value the price.
- Leisure: DJ Alibaba is there on Saturdays and whereas we have been there performed the whole lot from disco to hip hop to pop and rock.
- Price: Ages 4 and older value $28 plus tax for the day. Kids three and underneath have to be accompanied by a paying grownup. A Twilight Move, from four p.m. to closing is $17 plus tax.
- Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Parking: $5 plus tax for the day.
- Getting there: Massive Splash is 5 minutes from the B.C. Ferries terminal in Tsawwassen, so for my household coming from the island, it’s a straightforward location to get to. For those who’re travelling from Vancouver, you may take the SkyTrain to the River Rock On line casino/Bridgeport station and seize a free shuttle to the park, which is positioned at simply off Freeway 17 — you have to have pre-purchased your tickets on-line to take the shuttle.
The Courier additionally had just a few questions for common supervisor Harold Frederiks in regards to the imaginative and prescient for the park:
There have been plenty of dissatisfied individuals when it was introduced Splashdown Park would shut. What made your group resolve to take a position on this water park and save the day?
Precisely that, they heard the frustration and needed to take a position locally by investing within the waterpark, future resort and housing growth.
You’ve added a Las Vegas-style cabana program and DJ, so it appears like a transfer to draw younger adults. Is that the case?
We wish to be extra of an all-ages expertise.
However nonetheless household pleasant?
The park was already right here, it simply wanted some loving.
Are there plans to construct a resort or resort on the property?
Sure, the resort continues to be within the planning.
Do you might have a favorite slide?